Monday, November 10, 2008

SOS

First sorry to my partners for posting my article late.Second is I just read the article http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/automobiles/autospecial2/30diesel.html. To be frank I feel so frustrated to read up it, cause it confused me so much.Maybe it's too long to understand,or it's because I have no idea for the automobile vehicles...Whatever,the resault is I could hardly figure out what it interpreted.The only thing I know from this article is hybrid system can save costing money,and it's used in coca-cola delievery trucks...Anyway.it's all I made sense...The reason why I still posted is if any of you can figure it out for me after you read it.I hope I can see your helpful comments.Thanks for you all,especially Alyssa.first thing is telling me 'What's hybrid '

Thank you again

3 comments:

Alyssa R. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alyssa R. said...

Hi Ying,

I'm glad you posted this article because it gives you and your group members a lot to talk about this week. It seems like you need to answer some background questions in order to understand this article:
1) What is a hybrid vehicle?
2) How do most hybrid vehicles work?
3) What are the benefits of using hybrid technology?
4) Why are many people buying hybrid cars?

Maybe your group members can help you answer these questions (hint, hint!). After you answer these questions, then you can re-read your article and think about these questions:
1) How do common cars that use hybrid technology differ from big trucks that use hybrid technology?
2) What advantages are there to using hybrid technology for big trucks?
3) What disadvantages (or dangers) are there to using hybrid technology for big trucks?
4) What incentive is there for big trucks to use hybrid technology?

You picked a really interesting article. I think most people (or maybe just me!) think about how using hybrid cars would be good for the environment, but think less about the impact big trucks used for transportation have on the environment. Using hybrid technology for large scale transportation wasn't something I thought much about.

Daglys said...

Ying,

First at all, you found an interesting article about hybrid car. A thing that the plain definition of what a hybrid car is could be a car that works with gasoline and electricity at the same time. The engine of these cars works with gasoline at the moment of the ignition and after that it uses electricity to keep the car working. These car of cars reduce the level of pollution and you are also reduce the level of consumption of fuel. That is a huge advantage. And many people are buying this kind of car because they are friendly with the environment.